Hi, my name is Nik aka WerWolv from Switzerland. I'm a 22 year old electronics engineering bachelor student currently in my third year. I'm fascinated by embedded systems, low level coding, ARM microcontroller dev, operating systems as well as console homebrew and custom firmwares. Most of the things I develop are open source and available for free for everyone on my GitHub page.
Besides programming, I love mountain climbing, playing video games and listening to metal music (as you might have assumed already).
- I've been part of the Nintendo Switch homebrew community since the very beginning in early 2018 and have worked on numerous different Homebrew projects in the scene.
- I've spent a lot of time reverse engineering Windows applications for writing mods, patches, cheats and utilities for many different games and tools.
I have experience in writing code in the following programming languages (most experienced to least experienced)
- ARM Assembly
- x86 Assembly
- PCB design using Altium Designer
- API design
- Microcontroller development on mainly ARM (STM32) and 8051 (SiLabs C8051) as well as the Arduino framework
- FPGA design and development on Altera Cyclone chips using Intel Quartus, Sigasi and Modelsim
- Linux for embedded systems
- Reverse engineering applications, libraries and file formats using Ghidra and x64dbg
- Building and using 3D Printers as well as designing models in Blender and OpenSCAD
- Version Control with GitHub and co.
- 3D application development using raw OpenGL, ImGui, GLFW, SDL or Unity
- Apprenticeship as Electronics Technician (Elektroniker EFZ)
- Vocational School (Matura)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Specialized in Embedded Systems
- ImHex, A hex editor for reverse engineers, programmers and malware researchers
- EdiZon, A save file manager, script based save file editor and cheating framework for the Nintendo Switch
- Tesla, An overlay ecosystem allowing developers to write custom homebrew overlays on the Nintendo Switch
- Archway, A work in progress ARMv8 byte code emulator
- ILInterpreter, A work in progress Microsoft Common Intermediate Language interpreter
I'm available for any kind of programming / hacking talks, questions about my tools and other stuff. The easiest way to reach me is through any of the following ways: